Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chicken Fettuccine with Broccoli Rabe



Source
Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook

Recipe
1 bunch of broccoli rabe, cleaned and chopped
6 ounces spinach fettuccine
4 teaspoons olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt free garlic and herb seasoning
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 onion, sliced thin and seperated into rings
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 head of radicchio, shredded
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped basil

1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the broccoli rabe for 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl. In the boiling water, cook the fettuccine according to package directions; drain.

2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the chicken and sprinkle with herb seasoning and red pepper flakes; saute until cooked through, 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to plate.

3. In the skillet, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil; saute the onion and garlic until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the broccoli rabe and radicchio; cook, stirring frequently, until tender 4-5 minutes. Add the fettuccine, and then sprinkle with the cheese and pepper. Serve alongside the chicken, sprinkled with the basil.

Serves 4

My Revisions
Instead of broccoli rabe, I used 1 head of regular broccoli.
For the salt free garlic and herb seasoning, I used Mrs. Dash.
I did not add red pepper flakes to one of the breasts, for my sons portion.
I added 1 pound of sliced mushrooms, just add them to the pan at the same time as the onions.

Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories - 339
Total Fat - 8g
Saturated Fat - 2g
Carbohydrates - 37mg
Protein - 29g
Calcium - 147mg
Sodium - 156mg
Fiber - 5g

Outcome
It looked beautiful once it was all plated (see picture above). I didn't care for the radicchio, it made the dish kind of bitter. So the next time I make this, I will leave that out. Other than that, I loved it and I am really glad I added the mushrooms, they went nicely with everything. My husband and son both liked it as well, and my husband even ate seconds. Looks like we have our first family approved recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment